While some businesses in the United States are chomping at the bit to reopen, others are exercising an abundance of caution and holding off. Some businesses never had the choice to close because of their essential status but added additional safety features. Still others, like Twitter, are never going back to the way things were – their employees can work from home indefinitely.
No matter where you work or what your business is, the workplace is changing because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do you have a physical location? Are you preparing to reopen your business? There’s a lot to consider, but we’re here to help.
Guidelines & Recommendations
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has created a handy chart to help you determine if your business should open.
The CDC guidelines make it clear that safety is the top priority, and the safeguards that limit the spread of the disease must be in place before you reopen. Depending on your type of business, these safeguards can include:
- Conducting daily health checks
- Conducting a hazard assessment of the workplace
- Encouraging employees to wear cloth face coverings in the workplace, if appropriate
- Implementing policies and practices for social distancing in the workplace
- Improving the building ventilation system
The CDC website has additional guidance for reopening on their website.
The CDC isn’t the only organization with guidelines. OSHA, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, has a list of recommendations that they have released as well, which includes:
- Develop an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan – identify where, how, and to what sources of SARS-CoV-2 might workers be exposed to and determine how these can be mitigated
- Prepare to Implement Basic Infection Prevention Measures – like hand washing, allowing employees to work from home if possible, and more
- Develop Policies and Procedures for Prompt Identification and Isolation of Sick People, if Appropriate – including monitoring temperatures and providing masks
- Develop, Implement, and Communicate about Workplace Flexibilities and Protections – such as encouraging employees to work from home and ensuring that sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance
- Implement Workplace Controls – specifically things like using high-efficiency air filters and installing physical barriers, such as clear plastic sneeze guards
- And more! Read all of OSHA’s Recommendations here.
How We Can Help You Reopen Your Business Safely
At Pure & Secure, your health and safety are our priorities. For over 50 years, we’ve worked hard to provide families, businesses, embassies, laboratories, dental offices, hospitals, and more with safe, distilled water. Our efforts now go beyond water. But let’s start there:
With many buildings sitting unused for long periods of time, certain risks increase. For example, the Alliance to Prevent Legionnaires’ Disease has issued this statement:
“The APLD is warning that stagnating water in community water distribution systems that reaches residential and commercial buildings – from vacation homes and dormitories to restaurants and factories shuttered by stay-at-home orders – could increase the growth of Legionella bacteria and other pathogens. That could lead to the risk of Legionnaires’ disease when buildings are reopened and the stagnant water sources begin running again.”
But legionella isn’t the only risk. A recent study conducted by engineers and health experts identified a large number of issues, including higher levels of heavy metals like copper and lead.
The good news? Our Pure Water distillers kill and remove legionella bacteria from your water AND protect you from contaminants like lead and copper. (See our test results.)
Interested in purifying and protecting the water in your home or office? We have both residential and commercial options. And if you contact us at info@MyPureWater.com or call 1.800.875.5915, we can customize an option for your needs.
Keep the fresh air flowing! Our multistage AiraNui indoor air purifier will help you breathe easy. It is designed to eliminate odors, toxins, pollen, germs, and viruses that may be suspended in the air and on surfaces within the home or office.
Our AiraNui is a high-quality indoor air purifier that has adjustable ozone control, UV protection, and a washable HEPA filter. We use them in our office, and they’ll help your office too. In fact, the CDC specifically recommends using HEPA filters in your air purification process, and they ask that you consider using UV disinfection in their guidelines for reopening offices.
Get your AiraNui now – on sale!
Although many places have sneeze guards in place at this time, many of them are improvised or flimsy. We have a better option.
Protect your front-line employees and give your customers peace of mind. The Secure Sani-Shield, a plexiglass shield, is a made-in-the-USA sneeze guard constructed with high durability stainless steel and plexiglass. Unlike cheap, fragile options, these shields will last and come with everything you need for semi-permanent installation. The Secure Sani-Shield comes in two standard sizes 24 inches or 29.5 inches wide and 30 inches tall with an 8-inch tall passthrough underneath.
Shop now or contact us for more information about quantity discounts and customization at 1.800.875.5915.
As this pandemic rages on, we are committed to supporting you, your community, and your business. Read more about our COVID-19 Response and our community relief efforts.
Do you need a customized option for your business? Please contact us at info@MyPureWater.com or call us at 1.800.875.5915 and we’ll put together a package specific to your needs.
Thank you! We’re in this together, and together, we can get through this as safely as possible.
Leave a Reply