It’s easy to clean the boiling tank of your Mini Classic countertop water distiller. After about a month of regular use, you will notice some mineral buildup. It’s important to keep your boiling tank clean to extend the life of the heating element. To clean your boiling tank, follow the instructions below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by phone at 1-800-875-5915 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pro Tip: Keep your distiller clean with Lumen water distiller cleaner.
- Always dump out leftover water after each use and before you clean your tank.
- Fill your boiling tank with hot water up to the scale buildup level inside the tank.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of our Lumen water distiller cleaner per gallon (the Mini classic is about a 1 gallon tank).
- Put the lid back on and wait 8 hours.
- Discard the dirty water into the sink (don’t release water via the small steamhole on the back) and rinse well before using your distiller again.
- If you don’t have Lumen, you can use a 50/50 solution of hot water and white distilled vinegar.
- If there is still mineral buildup in your boiling tank, you can put it through another cleaning cycle.
- Please DO NOT scrub the heating element at any point. It could damage it.