Japanese companies can now provide a reliable source of safe drinking water for their employees’ families.
With radiation levels rising in Japanese drinking water, companies are now looking to Pure Water distillers to provide a reliable source of safe drinking water for their employees’ families.
The concern is due to high levels of radioactive iodine-131 that have been found in drinking water supplies in parts of Tokyo and surrounding areas. The Japanese government has said that infants and children should not consume the contaminated tap water because they are particularly vulnerable to radioactive iodine, which can cause thyroid cancer.
Government officials said that adults don’t need to worry at this time, but many people aren’t taking any chances. The situation in Tokyo may in fact be more serious than has been disclosed. In an interview with the New York Times, an executive who wished to remain anonymous said, “The contamination levels are well beyond what you’d expect from what is in the public domain. There is no way that stored fuel did not burn in a very significant way.”
To assist these companies, Pure & Secure is offering an advanced water distiller and bottle-filling system that allows companies to produce pure bottled water for their employees’ families. Pure Water brand distillers provide broad-spectrum protection from biological contaminants, toxic metals, organic compounds and radioactive contaminants in water, which is why many US Embassies around the world have relied on Pure Water distillers to protect their staff from harsh water conditions and potential terror threats.
The common response to water emergencies is to boil the water. But boiling is not enough. Prolonged boiling of water kills biological contaminants, but it doesn’t clean the water. When you boil water, the pure water leaves as steam, so the heavy metals, radioactive metals and petroleum-based chemicals actually become more concentrated.
Filters and reverse osmosis systems may be better than nothing, but they can’t offer protection against the full spectrum of possible contaminants. Filters don’t kill biological contaminants and in fact they can become breeding grounds for bacteria, which could result in you drinking worse quality water than if you didn’t have the filter in the first place. In addition, some filters and membranes can be instantly ruined by some chemicals.
The Pure Water Emergency Response System uses a number of different technologies with distillation as the core process. Distillation is significantly different from filtration and reverse osmosis because it uses a phase-change process, which means it turns liquid water into steam. Here’s how our systems* work…
2) The softened water is then boiled for a prolonged period. This boiling kills biological contaminants, while converting liquid water into water vapor (steam). As soon as liquid water turns into steam it let’s go of whatever contaminants that it’s holding onto.
3) The steam rises and the toxic metals and radioactive contaminants are left behind in the boiling tank, which is automatically drained away. An air gap ensures that the raw water (your tap water) never comes in contact with the pure water.
4) The pure steam is separated and cooled down into liquid water again, which is now pure, distilled water. This distilled water is stored in a high-quality storage tank (which has been sterilized).
5) After the water has been distilled, it flows through a carbon filter to remove any other gasses. From here, the pure, distilled water is pumped to the dispenser.* This process describes the product configuration for our Pure Water Survival products. Other products in other divisions may not have as thorough of a design configuration.
Pure Water Emergency Response System
Configured for Japan
The Pure Water Emergency Response System (PWERS) is a turnkey, small-scale water purification and bottling system that allows companies to provide high-purity water for their employees. The PWERS hooks into the tap water supply, uses a multi-stage purification process (with the core process of distillation) to produce high-purity water and stores and dispenses this water into 1-gallon, 3-gallon or 5-gallon jugs. The PWERS includes a commercial grade water distiller, an automatic water softener, carbon filters, a bottle dispenser, all fittings and hook-ups and more than a year’s worth of replacement parts and filters.
- The highest level of water security available.
- 50 gallon per day production and 75 gallons of storage.
- Configured to frequently automatically drain.
- Completely automatic system.
- Produces great tasting, fresh, distilled water.
- Heavy duty construction for long life.
Pure Water Emergency Response System
Configured for Japan
The Pure Water Emergency Response System includes a commercial grade water distiller, an automatic water softener, carbon filters, a bottle dispenser, all fittings and hook-ups and more than a year’s worth of replacement parts and filters.
COMMERCIAL WATER DISTILLER
Item #: 31999E
Width: 25” (64 cm)
Depth: 31.5” (80 cm)
Height: 63” (161 cm)
Shipping Weight: 310 lbs. (137 kg)
Machine Weight (empty): 230 lbs. (104.5 kg)
Machine Weight (full): 880 lbs. (400 kg)
Power Requirements: 50 amp, 200 volt, 1 Ph AC 50/60
Heating Elements: One 3,000 watt and one 3,500 watt
Feed Water Quality: Softened water recommended
Feed Water Supply: Minimum ½” (1.27cm) feed
Feed Water Supply Pressure: 30 psi minimum
Product Water Quality: Meets standard of the US Pharmacopoeia
Venting: Minimum air-flow of 450 CFM
Rated Distilled Water Production: 50 US gallons (189 liters) per day.
Storage Capacity: 75 US gallons (284 liters)
Distilled Water Supply: 3 gallons per minute through standard pump
* Automatic Drain
* Water Purity Monitor
* Water Purity Alarm & Shutdown
* Leak Shutdown
* Built-in Pump
* Hour Meter
* Drain Water Cooling
* Feedwater Preheat
AUTOMATIC WATER SOFTENER
16,000 Grain, Single-head Automatic Water Softener with 50 gallon Brine Tank
Our D1-5 Dispenser dispenses water into 1, 3 and 5 gallon bottles and other containers.
High-purity tubing and fittings for a standard installation.
SPARE PARTS KIT
Two (2) Carbon Post-Filters
Two (2) Replacement Heating Elements