How to replace the Contact Locator in the Mini Classic CT
1. Unplug the distiller from the wall.
2. Open the boiling chamber and remove the boiling tank.
3. On the back of the distiller, there is a small panel on the back of the distiller. Remove this. You will see the back of the locator plug.
4. Remove the wires off the back of the locator, and unscrew the two nuts.
5. Take the plate that the locator plug is in out of the distiller.
6. Remove the old locator from the plate by squeezing the top and bottom together. The locator is rigid plastic, so this may be difficult. If you’re having trouble removing the old locator from the plate, break part of the plastic off the locator if that makes it easier. You’re already replacing it, so don’t worry about breaking it.
7. Once the old locator is removed, attach the new locator to the plate by pushing the back of the locator through the front of the plate. Be sure the back of the locator ends up on the side of the plate with the posts attached.
8. With the new locator on the plate, plug the locator and plate onto the controller plug on the boiling tank.
9. With the locator on the boiling tank, place the boiling tank into the distiller all the way to the back. Go around to the panel on the back of the distiller and screw the nuts onto the posts from the plate. Attaching the locator plate this way helps to ensure it is in a good position to line up with the tank.
10. Plug the wires onto the back of the locator.
11. Close the back panel and plug the power cord back in.
Mini Classic Contact Locator